Welcome to my new blog! I had a blog while I was in London, and due to some controversy with my immature posts, I made my blog private to only friends. I did this in order to be able to write what I felt like saying while only having people in the same age group who were going through the same things as me reading it.
However, at this point in time, I've realized that I have grown up quite a bit since then and would like a medium to share with my relatives AND friends my new experiences living in Coeur d'Alene, being married, and working a "real job."
So for those who I haven't spoken to recently here are the updates!
- Living in Coeur d'Alene continues to be great. Summer is finally here after about a month of rain, so everything is green, lush, and there is a new vibe in the air of people wanting to be outside doing active things and enjoying life.
- My job is great - I love going to work (most days) and I love what I do. After 6 months I feel like I have a good handle on my responsibilities, but I enjoy that I'm always learning in this field.
- I really enjoy my paychecks, but there isn't much to go around anymore now that I pay 1/4 of my monthly income to student loans :(
- Kobe has been a life saver while I've been here waiting for Paul - we go on walks together, he gives me peace of mind by fulfilling his role as a "watch dog" and is just a wonderful companion.
- Speaking of Paul. His petition to get a visa has been approved, now the application will be sent to a visa processing center in New Hampshire. From there they will send him a packet of information re: completing an interview, getting a physical, and requesting police records. Completing all these steps could take another 6 months. Hoping, praying, and begging it doesn't take that long.
So there you have it, people!
Pictures of Coeur d'Alene coming soon!