Friday, November 5, 2010

The Theatre


Last night I went out for my first social event of the month: To the Coeur d'Alene High School's production of "Babes in Arms." When my co-worker asked me to go because she had an extra ticket, I jumped at the chance because back in the day of BSC theatre productions I loved to go. Even though this was a high school production it was no different. Most of the kids were terrible singers and some of the acting was really bad, but nonetheless I enjoyed myself. I even laughed a few times and the two hours of watching teenagers on stage went by really fast.

That got me thinking, Why don't I do this more often? I don't really like going to movies, knowing that I'm spending so much money when in a few months I can watch the movie at home with Netflix. I don't like going to bars because I'm by myself and feel awkward. So I should really start going to the theatre! Coeur d'Alene has it's own theatre and each high school in town puts on a show every fall and spring. The college in CDA probably has a theatre program. Plenty of entertainment to be had.

Expect to see more theatre posts in the near future!

2 comments:

  1. You should check out if the movie theater's in CDA receive the Metropolitan Opera Live via satellite. When I was at the Grand we did that, and although the ticket prices were around $20+ - it's a live feed from the actual Met Opera (where tickets are $200+) AND they have a lot of backstage footage with the cast . . . and again it is a LIVE feed. The operas came about once ever month an a half or so. http://fathomevents.com/ may have info if a theater near you shows the met.

    I know it's still going to a movie theater, BUT it's not a typical movie experience. I went to a few of them (free of course) and they were spectacular! If not, checking out what the colleges offer would still be cool. I loved the BSC productions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not big on Opera (I just wrote Oprah). I don't really get it and while some of the singing and costumes are beautiful, it's not really my thing. However, I have always wondered what that Met Opera thing was at the grand so thanks for letting me know! :)

    ReplyDelete