Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Don't Burn the Nuts!


I got a new cookbook! It's called The Vegetable Dishes I Can't Live Without and is pretty amazing. I read about it on a blog I read called Carrots N' Cake. The author of that blog LOVES this cookbook and inspired me to get it myself. I'm so glad I did! The cookbook is filled with vegetable dishes - mostly side dishes, but I've used a couple for entrees.

So far I've made 4 recipes from it:
  • Mollie's Quite Surprising Mashed Parsnips
  • Oven "Fried" Sweet Potatoes
  • Dramatically Seared Green Beans
  • Tarragon-Pecan Asparagus




My favorite recipe that I have made was the Tarragon-Pecan Asparagus. Making this recipe was my first time using balsamic vinegar.  Really adds a lot of flavor, which I never knew. One mistake I made, though, was not stirring the nuts enough as I was sauteing them and they ended up a little burnt on one side. Still good, though!

Next up, I'm going to make Roasted Butternut Squash with Roasted Walnut Oil and Pomegranate Seeds. Yum!

    1 comment: