Saturday, March 19, 2011

Another Year of Reading

When April 1st hits, another year of reading will have come to a close. If you've been paying attention to the list of books I have in the right side panel of this blog, you will see that I've read quite a few books this year. 33 so far, to be specific. I'm hoping I could make that a nice rounded number of 35 before April comes around, but who knows.

April is kind of a random month to start keeping track, but I think two years ago that's when I started to keep a list, so I just stuck with it. I think this comes from a time when my memory failed me and I couldn't remember if I had read a book someone was talking about. I also heard somewhere that if one reads one book every day for 40 years, they will only read about 14,000 books or so and there are over 250,000 titles of just E-books alone on Amazon. The staggering amount of published books out there made me want to keep track of the ones I've read.

I just finished Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin (a quite average story from the perspectives of the wife and the other woman of a cheating husband) and now I'm reading Catching Fire, which is the second book in The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. I anticipate that Catching Fire will be a quick read and then I'm onto a murder mystery called Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin. If I can plow through those two books in 12 days my goal of 35 books will have been met!

Look for a Top 5 list of my favorite books from 2010-2011 once April graces us with her presence.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe we'd only get thru 14,000 books in 40 years! That seems like such a low number! I never used to keep track of the books I've read, but I feel now I want to know where I've been.

    ReplyDelete