Sunday, March 13, 2011

Friends Are Coming!

In about 12 days four of my best friends from high school and college are coming to visit me in Coeur d'Alene. I'm so excited!

The weather here in March can be questionable, so it's going to be interesting finding things to do for the 2.5 days they are here. Right now as I look out my window all I can see is sunshine and a sliver of snow on the south side of our backyard that gets the least amount of sun. Even the mountains in the distance have dark tops, meaning snow has melted in the higher elevations. From the looks of it, it seems like spring has sprung, but being from North Dakota, where the weather can turn from being 60 one day to blizzarding the next, I am pretty cautious when it comes to being overly optimistic about weather. This means I should plan two itineraries, one for snowy/cold weather and one for sunny/warm weather.

Thinking of the worst case scenario, if the weather is cold and being outside isn't the greatest, there are less things to do but with this group of girls we can make any situation fun (such as sitting on an exit ramp in Wisconsin for a few hours). We will most likely go to Spokane and go shopping, go bowling, eat at some great restaurants, go to a play, visit some fine art shops in downtown CDA, go to the resort and hang out having coffee or maybe lunch in their amazing restaurant.

If it's warm, on the other hand, we will go down to the famous Lake Coeur d'Alene and walk along the water, get drinks and explore downtown CDA, go on a hike around Tubb's Hill, which is easy for beginners and out of shape hikers like me, take in the beautiful views that you can only find on a boat or on the most isolated part of Tubb's Hill trail, and maybe some of those things that I listed for the cold scenario as well.

I hope the weather is nice mostly because I want my friends to see how beautiful this area can be. I'm in awe of how gorgeous nature can be in this area of the United States and I want those who mean a lot to me to see that too.

5 comments:

  1. I'm hoping the weather behaves itself for you and your guests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it is warm, but either way it all sounds fun! I can't wait to see you!

    What will you cook for us!? :) - or maybe you will bake something?
    Now that the secret is out that you are such a good cook you must deal with the consequences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good time, but who's coming to see you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, 5 of the books listed under Books Read in a Year have the word "dead" in the title. What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom - Alissa, Sara Jo, Kristi, and Tara are coming to see me at the end of March! And interesting observation about the Dead thing. probably because I started reading a series about vampires and all of the books have Dead in the title!

    SJ - I haven't even thought about what i'm going to cook!! Any suggestions? I eat seafood/fish again so if you have any requests, I'm all ears. :)

    ReplyDelete