Saturday, April 30, 2011

Cookbook Challenge


I have a new love and I know I'm not alone. I love cookbooks. I find it enjoyable to just sit on the couch surrounded by cookbooks planning meals for the week, getting excited about what new creations I'm going to make. This totally makes me a loser, but I don't care!


To encourage myself to use my cookbooks more, I'm going to challenge myself to pick one cookbook a month and make as many recipes from it as I can, from appetizers to sauces, to main dishes and desserts.

I'm going to cheat a little bit with the month of May, as I kind of started this challenge unofficially (aka not on the blog) a week ago. So the recipes I make from the first cookbook will run over the course of 6 weeks instead of 4.

And what is that first cookbook you're wondering?


The Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook (15th ed.) which my cousin and her new husband gave me for my wedding gift. I've paged through the entire cookbook a few times and there are a lot of recipes I want to make from it. It's definitely a perfect cookbook for beginners, including cooking tips for novices, like the difference between cubing and dicing, or how to take the skin off chicken. Helpful tips for sure! I also like that most of the recipes include items that one is normally going to have in the pantry, not obscure or expensive ingredients that you're going to use one time. 

Stay tuned for recipe photos and reviews!

1 comment:

  1. I love cookbooks! I'm not a good recipe follower, but I love reading cookbooks and getting ideas to mish mash around :)

    ReplyDelete