- I have a student at work for 12 weeks. This is his first major fieldwork (ie, internship) so a lot of time goes into explaining the rehab process, rules related to Medicare/skilled nursing facilities, etc. We are two weeks in and things are going more smoothly, so I won't feel so drained when I get home (I hope)! He is actually a very good student and a nice person so it hasn't been bad at all. Just more work.
- I didn't have the weekend off due to a continuing education class I had to take that was 70% material I already knew. Our teacher was fantastic, but based on my education I shouldn't have to take this class. My own personal opinion, not the one of my company.
- The puppies are good. Stella is growing fast and poops a lot. Like, A LOT.
- Paul is looking for a job still, and has had some great prospects that just haven't worked out. He is so skilled in his field that it just really blows that he hasn't had any luck securing a position. Pickings are slim in these parts, and that doesn't help either.
- I planted seeds for my garden. This year we are hoping to have: tomatoes (a heritage variety called Black Krim), jalepenoes, cayenne peppers, eggplants, cucumbers, green beans, peas, and broccoli. This is if Stella has learned her lesson of leaving the plants alone. This is the second planting I've had to do already because of her desire to eat dirt and sprouts.
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Sorry for the lack of updates everyone! I haven't gone away, just taken a little break. I have a lot of material for new posts, I just haven't felt like putting the work into them. Here is a quick update: